Monday, August 01, 2005

 

Spending Millions to Tell You Something You Already Know

I hope you're sitting down because what I'm about to say is going to shock you. Are you ready? SMOKING IS BAD FOR YOU!!! Real shocker huh? What's that you say? You already knew that? Then why in the name of all that is holy do I have to see a barrage of anti-smoking commercials everytime I sit down to watch something on the tube. Not only do the tobacco companies have to fund these moronic commercials, but they have gone beyond telling us smoking is bad to telling us how the tobacco companies are full of maniacal billionairs who meet in dark conference rooms in the middle of the night to worship Beealzebub and plot to get second graders hooked on their products. And while we're on the subject of the anti-smoking crusaders, let me point out just a bit of hypocracy. It has been my experience that most of the vehement do-gooders are either young liberals or soccer moms. So I have a hard time buying the "People shouldn't smoke because they get sick and cost the rest of us money" arguement when it comes from two groups with a solid record of backing tax dollar draining, social engineering programs. All this and I don't even smoke.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?